A Work In Progress

These words in my head are held captive. I’ve tried to free them for days. Well, that’s not entirely truthful, I’ve tried for as long as I can remember. I’m not sure when this battle began, and I’m not sure how I lost. All I do know if that the words in my head are chained, bound and gagged.

It’s a one-sided and lonely battle when your own words won’t speak to you.

What is this world coming too?

I do have a plan of action to free my words from the shackles of misunderstandings.

To let my words know that I will stand by them, defend and protect them from harm.

They are all I have so I will cherish them until the end.

There have been situations when I didn’t treat my words so kindly.

I suppressed and silenced them when they were just trying to protect me.

They were being loyal to me, but I was being loyal to silence.

Even when I was violently attacked, back in high school, words told me to speak out, but silence won my heart again.

Now I think I understand the problem.

It was the affair with the silence that ended our friendship.

I understand that now and I’m happy you’ve given our friendship a second chance.

I won’t screw up this time.

To prove to you my dedication, I’ll go online and dedicate a blog to us as we quietly ramble to each other.

Thank you for reading, stay tuned for more rambles 😉

Remember to Live Free and Love On Purpose 💋🎉✌

LFLOP*LFLOP*LFOP*LFLOP

© LiveFree LoveOnPurpose, 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to LiveFree LoveOnPurpose with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

7 comments for “A Work In Progress

1. 01/29/2016 at 8:02 PM

Thanks a Ton partangel. You are so correct. But I’ve come to realize that, it’s a process and an unavoidable part of life. Thanks for dropping in. 😉

2. 01/29/2016 at 7:59 PM

Thanks for stopping by Maria. Have a great day.

3. 01/29/2016 at 7:30 PM

You’re amazing Debbie. Your comment is right on time. Sometimes we don’t know what we need to hear until wet hear it. Thank you for your kind words and understanding. 😉

4. 01/29/2016 at 7:15 PM

I love the way you talk to your words, I love the way you metaphorise them, give them life by annointing them as your friends, by describing their absense as ‘an affair with silence’.

i will disagree with your above commentators: this is not rambling, this is poetry and magic.
    with a bit of philospophy thrown in.

keep writing, SunDragonLady. there’s gotta be a story in your name. find it and write it. dont give up.

5. 01/25/2016 at 9:52 PM

Hi Sun Dragon lady.

At first I wasn’t sure what I was reading but then I realized that you were rambling. It was interesting read for sure.

6. 01/24/2016 at 11:56 PM

Very interesting! I think most of us can relate to the same feelings at some point in our life. Following and excited to read more~